1. British Passports for citizens of Singapore are issued and renewed by the competent authorities in Singapore and the United Kingdom and Colonies, by Her Majesty's Diplomatic and Consular Officers in foreign countries and by United Kingdom High Commissioners in Commonwealth countries. Passports should not be sent from one country to another by post.
2. They are available for five years in the first instance, unless otherwise stated, and may be renewed from time to time for further consecutive periods of one to five years from the date of expiry, provided the total period of validity of ten years from the original date is not exceeded. The fee for each year of renewal is $2.00 (Malayan). They are not available beyond ten years from the original date of issue. If at any time the passport contains no further space for visas, a new passport must be obtained.
3. They are only available for travel to the countries named on page 4 but may be endorsed for additional countries. The possession of a passport so endorsed does not exempt the holder from compliance with any immigration regulations in force in the territories named of from the necessity of obtaining a visa or permit where required. Passports endorsed as valid for all parts of the Commonwealth are available for travel to territories under the protection of trusteeship of the United Kingdom or other Commonwealth countries. It should however be noted in this connexion, that the majority of territories within the Commonwealth have immigration restrictions applicable to British subjects as well as aliens.
4. A passport including particulars of the holder's wife is not available for the wife's use when she is travelling alone.
5. Children who have reached the age of sixteen years require separate passports.
REGISTRATION AT HER MAJESTY'S CONSULATES IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES
British nationals resident in foreign countries who are entitled to the protection of the United Kingdom authorities should at the earliest opportunity register their names and addresses at the nearest British Consulate. Failure to do so may in a period of emergency result in difficulty or delay in according them assistance and protection. Registration should be renewed annually, preferably in January. Changes of address or departure from the country should also be notified to the Consulate.
Persons registered or naturalized as citizens of Singapore should in addition register annually by application in the prescribed form their intention to retain the citizenship of Singapore. Failure to do so may render them liable, in certain circumstances, to deprivation of their citizenship.
Persons born in foreign countries of British fathers, or born in Singapore or the United Kingdom or Colonies of foreign parents, women married to aliens, women who acquired British nationality on marriage or by registration and naturalised persons may possess a foreign nationality in addition to British nationality.
When in the country of their second nationality such persons cannot avail themselves of the protection of Her Majesty's representatives against the authorities of the foreign country, and are not exempt, by reason of possessing British nationality, from any obligation (such as military service) to which they may be liable under the foreign law.
This passport remains the property of the Government by which it is issued and may be withdrawn at any time.
It is a valuable document and should not be altered in any way or allowed to pass into the possession of an unauthorised person. If lost or destroyed, the fact and circumstances should be immediately reported to the Passport Office, London, or to the nearest British Consulate, Colonial authority or United Kingdom High Commissioner's Officer and to the local police. New passports can only be issued in such cases after exhaustive enquiries.
sir now I am living in Singapore 1994.
sir now I would like to my British Nationality and passport according to my prior documents. Sir please let me know whether I can get British Nationality and passport.
IF YOU ARE A SINGAPOREAN I THING YOU HAVE VERY LESSPOSSIBLITIES.